Thursday, June 16, 2016

La Belle Esplanade's Last Blog Post

Another night in New Orleans
Howdy, folks!  This is our last blog post in these archives.  It isn't our last blog post ever.  Surprise!  You're in for a two-fer today!  That's right, two, two, two installments in one day.  I'll provide a link to the other one later.

People ask me what makes our blog so popular.  Here is our secret: it contains Retsyn.  It's why our blog is as sweet as our smile.



If you read our blog once, will you read it again?  Well, the statistics are still out on that question.  All I have is anecdotal evidence.  We do have our cadre of regular readers, though, and for that we thank them.  Remember, you can always share these fascinating posts on your Facebook page.  Your friends' opinion of you will skyrocket.  They'll thank you.

Anyhow, I've enjoyed writing on this platform for so many years.  La Belle Esplanade's blog has a little over four years of archives here and they won't be going away.  As a person who is in love with the sound of his own voice, we'll be doing our best to preserve these fascinating chapters in La Belle's history for posterity.  There's some real solid gold in these archives.  Of course, there's plenty of the usual folderol to wade through, too.

Our blog has moved to labelleesplanade.com.  That's our website, if you couldn't put two and two together.  All new installments will be found there fresh as they're trucked in from the factory in our back garden.

When you visit our new website (not yet!) you'll notice we have two blogs on the navigation bar.  One of them is La Belle's Blog, which should be self-explanatory.  It's more of that candy-flavored goodness that you've become accustomed to here.  The other blog is going to be a fresh-scented number called New Orleans Men's Rooms.  That sounds interesting, doesn't it?  This will be a blog of photos I take of mens' rooms around the city.  I predict your humble narrator will be keeping commentary to a minimum.  How much can there be to say on the subject?

"Whoa!  Whoa!  Whoa!" I hear you saying.  "Pull back a minute.  What are you talking about?"  I know, it sounds crazy, doesn't it?  Who would marry a blog about mens' rooms to the #1 rated boutique experience inn in New Orleans?

You already know the answer to that question.


Your humble narrator

I saw a niche and I decided to fill it.  I think it will generate a lot of traffic.  Frau Schmitt and I go to places all over the city.  We go to more places than any of our guests will ever know.  We visit more places than most New Orleanians visit, or at least we visit different kinds of places than most New Orleanians visit.  When we go to these places, well, to put it delicately, sometimes one of us usually has to "go," if you know what I mean.  I, on the other hand, find it interesting to see how the mens' room is laid out.

This isn't to say I hang out in there.  I don't go there to make new friends.  I'm just curious about the fixtures.  When you're an innkeeper, you'll always on the lookout for bathroom ideas, too.

There are enough blogs about restaurants, and restaurants make up the majority of the places Frau Schmitt and I visit together.  Who wants to look at photos of what we're eating?  Don't you get enough of that already on Instagram?  What I'm thinking of is an exhaustive archive of what mens' rooms look like in this magical city we call home.  Who's up for it?  Are you game or are you lame?

Here's a word from our sponsor:



The mens' room blog isn't up and running yet.  I waiting for a retsyn shipment to arrive before I tackle it head-on and really start to run with it.  In the meantime, though, this will be the last post on this blog.  Everything new can be found here, at this link, go ahead, click this sentence.   What are you waiting for? 

Wait, not so fast.  I forgot to mention I am still learning the ins and outs of this unfamiliar-to-me Wordpress software.  Emily, my mentor in these things, promises me I'm gonna love it.  Wordpress and I are still in the courtship process at the moment.  I haven't decided if it deserves a second kiss, so to speak.   If the first couple of posts are ungainly, I'm still working out the kinks of my style with the new software's limitations, or horizons, as Emily prefers to call them.

Enjoy your first date with our new blog.  Here's the first installment.  Just click that link and start scrolling down.  

As always, 
À votre santé,
La Belle Esplanade
...where every morning is a curated breakfast salon.

Now, where did I put that retsyn?  Ah, there it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...